Please note that excess freight may apply for this item - if it does we will let you know and give you the option to change or cancel your order if you prefer. We always try to keep freight as economical as possible.
After many years of Research and Development and Regulatory hurdles, SLASHER WEEDKILLER is now on the market. We have been using Slasher on our own property for several months and we are extremely impressed and satisfied with the results. We have used this product successfully to control GRT (Giants Rats Tail Grass).
SLASHER Weedkiller is a non-selective fast acting herbicide.
SLASHER WEEDKILLER contains 525g/L Nonanoic acid, also called Pelargonic acid which occurs naturally in plants including geraniums / pelargonium, apples, cheese, milk, rice, beans, oranges, potatoes and grapes. Nonanoic acid is also used in the food processing industry to assist in the peeling of fruits and vegetables. Includes orange oil. Pelargonic acid is a fatty acid which occurs naturally as esters in the oil of pelargonium plants. It can be made synthetically, however, to meet Organic Standards the Pelargonic acid in SLASHER is produced sustainably from biologically based raw materials using an environmentally sustainable patented method of extraction.
SLASHER WEEDKILLER is the first Pelargonic acid based “burn-down” herbicide developed and made in Australia. Independent trials have validated that SLASHER WEEDKILLER is considerably more cost effective than other standard Organic weedkillers. In particular it can be used where other herbicides pose significant risks in terms of public health and safety, drift onto sensitive plants and where soil residues can be taken up by larger trees.
- non-selective, contact weed spray
- causes rapid desiccation (dehydration) of plant foliage by removing or 'burning' the waxy cuticle of green vegetation
- results are usually visible as browning and wilting within hours of application. More advanced or established weeds may only be suppressed and require repeated application.
- no residual nor translocation/systemic activity and it will not move through soil to injure nearby plants
- spray drift will impact all green leaves so take care when applying around desirable plants.
- the USA Food and Drug Administration has cleared Pelargonic acid as a synthetic food flavouring agent, production aid and sanitiser to be used in contact with food and in washing or lye peeling of fruits and vegetables. SLASHER WEEDKILLER has not yet received USDA approval as a herbicide as the approval process is lengthy and expensive.
- 1, 5, 20, 200 L concentrates. No ready to use size.
- mixing rates will vary depending on sensitivity of weeds (ie perennial grasses will require heavier concentration than broadleaf annuals) but generally mix at 40 - 70 ml per 1 L of water (4 - 7L per 100L water).
- optimum application volumes are related to weed maturity and density. Ensure that all weed foliage is totally covered. Partial coverage will give only partial control.
- SLASHER WEEDKILLER does not require heat or sunlight to work (so perfect in orchards) however ideal application is in warm, sunny weather with no rain or irrigation for 2 hours
- treated areas can be sown or transplanted into as soon as desirable levels of weed control are obtained but follow-up applications 7-10 days later may be required for perennials and larger annual weeds
- young broadleaf weeds and grasses that are less than 15 cm tall
- Algae, Lichen, Liverwort and Moss
- 'it can be used for the suppression and control of weeds, including grasses, vines, underbrush, annual / perennial plants, including moss. It can be used on woody weeds but it not as effective.
Zero residues also means SLASHER will not cause any sub-lethal residual effects on surrounding plants and unlike some other herbicides will not upset the fertility of soils.
SLASHER Weedkiller can be used safety around areas where children and pets play and where other animals might graze. This makes SLASHER a very versatile herbicide which can be used with a high degree of safety in just about all horticultural, agricultural and bushland environments. SLASHER Weedkiller will also control Moss, Algae, Lichen and Liverworts in paths, rockeries, tiled roofs, walls and driveways. This makes SLASHER very useful to Landscapers, Councils and other Parks and Garden officers who can safely use the product not only on weeds but across all surfaces where you might otherwise have to use a more corrosive or soil damaging heavy metal (Copper based) algaecide.
Take care when spraying around your favourite plants as any spray drift will also damage them. Do not apply to wet weeds or if rain is imminent as the extra moisture will dilute the spray and weaken its impact.
- Kills weeds, moss, algae and lichen on contact
- Rapid action, desiccating plants within hours
- Can be used anywhere including in the paddock, field, garden and around the house
- Active ingredient made from plant oils (GM free)
- No lasting spray residues (100% biodegradable within a few days)
- Glyphosate free
- Safe for pets and children once dried on foliage
- Registered Organic for use in organic farms and gardens
Available for purchase in 1L, 5L, 20L, 200L or 1000L.