Those of you who know us know that we believe that poison has no place in the food chain. We also get told regularly all the reasons why it is impossible in this area to be chemical free.
So lets go there, lets address all these obstacles. Maybe there are some problems that can’t be solved – but unless we try and find solutions things will never change. Just asking the questions can start us on the path to finding the answers.
- Organic products are too expensive
- If I have a disease or pest outbreak I could lose everything
- Labour is too expensive
- It just isn’t possible in this area
- Organic compliance is too time consuming and too expensive
- The returns are simply not enough to warrant the costs
- My animals/crops would suffer if I was organic as they would be overrun by pests/weeds/diseases
April 11 is your chance to come with your questions and ask a panel of experts.
Attending we have Robert Wallace from Organic Food Chain who can deal with issues of compliance
Jason Vella from Organic Crop Protectants who can cover specific crop health issues
Tim Marshall one of the the Founders of the Organic movement who has visited over 3000 Organic properties and is an author of several resource books. Tim was the first Certification and Standards Manager for the world peak body in organics IFOAM. There’s not much he can’t cover!
Plus Certified and In Conversion Organic Producers from within and outside of the Mary Valley who can talk about their own experience of going/being organic.
Ticket price includes an organic morning tea and lunch by Kandanga Kitchen. RSVP’s are essential for catering purposes.
The day will go from 9:30 -1:30