Please note that we are currently out of stock on this item. You may be interested in trying Slasher instead.
BioWeed™ Herbicide is not a systemic herbicide but rather works by stripping the outer coating of contacted plant and seed material, causing cell collapse and desiccation.
BioWeed™ Herbicide offers a proven solution for sustainable weed control, providing long term, environmental and economic benefits.
Made entirely from plant sources BioWeed™ Herbicide offers a host of user benefits.
- Replace your synthetic knockdown herbicides with BioWeed™ Herbicide – a plant derived
herbicide. BioWeed™ Herbicide is compatible (and synergistic) with a range of other herbicides.
- BioWeed™ Herbicide is a certified organic input which can be adopted for year round weed
Key Features and Benefits
Highly Effective Knockdown Herbicide
BioWeed™ Herbicide is an ideal replacement for harsh petrochemical knockdown herbicides:
- very fast action, highly effective
- controls over 3000 weed species
- controls glyphosate tolerant and resistant weeds
- significantly enhances the efficacy of a range of other herbicides.
- utilizes existing spray equipment
BioWeed™ Herbicide has a unique pre-emergent activity which kills weed seed in the soil. This reduces emerging weed pressure and can save up to 50% of your normal spray requirements.
- kills under soil weed seed bank with no harm to roots or soil microbia
- reduces the number of sprays needed per year by up to 50%
- reduces time, labor and equipment/fuel input costs
- kills seeds in set weeds heads on the plant
- kills seeds by immediate desiccation not by residual chemical action
- allows weed and biohazard eradication instead of control
BioWeed™ Herbicide has NO systemic action. This offers users the highest level of crop safety. It works by dissolving the waxy outer coating and collapsing the cell walls of contacted plant and seed tissue.
If contact with a desirable plant or crop surface occurs (via overspray) then only localized spot damage can result. As a certified organic product made entirely from plant sources BioWeed™ Herbicide has NO withholding period for crops or stock.
- non systemic – can be used in delicate areas and right throughout crop cycle
- non toxic – zero withholding period on food crops
- removes the risk of a positive residue test from produce supplied for export
- increases sustainability rating
- has NO withholding period on food crops
- has NO withholding period for pets and livestock
- is a certified organic input for organic farms
As a product made entirely from plant extracts, BioWeed™ Herbicide will immediately improve your weed control programs environmental impact. Replacing petrochemical herbicides will immediately begin to improve your soil health and alleviate soil residue concerns.
- does not harm soil microbia
- has no effect on birds, bees and earthworm populations
- has zero soil residue (dissolves into a naturally occurring oxide in 72 hours)
- is pH neutral on application
- is a carbon positive product (you are putting long chain carbons back into the soil)
BioWeed™ Herbicide offers a new level of operator safety. As a wholly plant derived product it answers many concerns held by authorities and operators alike on the effects of exposure to synthetic chemical poisons:
- certified organic
- made entirely from plant extracts
- reduces the occupational safety concerns for applicators
- reduces the public health concerns for public areas
- is not a synthetic chemical poison
- has a nil re-entry period
Whether used to increase sustainability or as a certified organic input, BioWeed™ Herbicide is ideal for any grower wishing to respond or market to the growing consumer niche concerned with food safety issues or to avoid export barriers based on crop residues.
BioWeed™ Herbicide combines a knockdown or contact weed control action with a unique non residual ability to destroy weed seeds in the soil and even in set weed heads on mature plants.
BioWeed™ Herbicide is not a systemic chemical poison, where (to effect control), poison is taken in through the cell walls. Instead BioWeed™ Herbicide works by desiccation of the cell walls of all contacted plant and seed tissue. On contacting living plant or seed tissue it quickly penetrates and disrupts normal membrane permeability and cellular physiology. This causes cell leakage, desiccation and the collapse of all contacted tissue.
Sprayed weed leaf tissue becomes dehydrated, creating a quick, visual browning effect within 1 to 12 hours of application. The roots of the plant are not directly affected, but indirect rhizome and bulb control occurs by regular applications to emerging weed parts.
As it is NOT a systemic poison it cannot travel into any other plants or areas that are not directly sprayed. Systemic species eradication cannot occur. If you do overspray or spray drift occurs you will only spot mark the accidentally sprayed areas. It will not kill the (accidentally sprayed) plant and cannot travel to adjoining plants.
BioWeed™ Herbicide is a new generation, truly sustainable weed management product.
It has pH value of 7, the ONLY herbicide in the market with neutral pH.
To use, add 1 litre of BioWeed Herbicide to 4 litres of water. Ensure all weed foliage is totally covered with spray as BioWeed is a contact spray only. Partial coverage will give partial control. A water volume of 700L/ha is recommended. Apply under dry weather conditions.
Results can often be seen within hours of application. This product will degrade fully after 72 hours, so no residual effect left in soil.
BioWeed 15L is in stock, please contact us for other volumes.